Click the play button and enjoy as we count down the Top 50 Country song from March 1978!
- Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys, Waylon & Willie
- Don’t Break The Heart That Loves You, Margo Smith
- Do I Love You (yes In Every Way), Donna Fargo
- What Did I Promise Her Last Night, Mel Tillis
- Woman To Woman, Barbara Mandrell
- I Love You,i Love You,i Love You, Ronnie McDowell
- Bartender Blues, George Jones
- Two Doors Down, Zella Lehr
- If I Had A Cheating Heart, Mel Street
- Walk Right Back, Anne Murray
- Return To Me, Marty Robbins
- Running Kind/Making Believe, Merle Haggard
- Yes Ma’am, Tommy Overstreet
- Ready For The Times To Get Better, Crystal Gayle
- Someone Loves You Honey, Charley Pride
- Soft Lights And Hard Country Music, Moe Bandy
- A Lover’s Question, Jacky Ward
- Lonely Hearts Club, Billie Jo Spears
- Bedroom Eyes, Don Drumm
- It Don’t Feel Like Sinnin’ To Me, The Kendalls
- Red Hot Memory, Kenny Dale
- God Made Love, Mel McDaniel
- I Cheated On A Good Woman’s Love, Billy “Crash” Craddock
- I’ve Got A Winner In You, Don Williams
- It Started All Over Again, Vern Gosdin
- I’m Way Ahead Of You, Bill Anderson & Mary Lou Turner
- So Good, So Rare, So Fine, Freddie Hart
- Hearts On Fire, Eddie Rabbitt
- Music Is My Woman, Don King
- I Would Like To See You Again, Johnny Cash
- Every Time Two Fools Collide, Kenny Rogers And Dottie West
- You’re The Only Good Thing(that’s Happened To Me), Jim Reeves
- Everybody Loves A Rain Song, J. Thomas
- Love Is A Word, Dickey Lee
- Bucket To The South, Ava Barber
- Cry Cry Darling, Con Hunley
- Deeper Water, Brenda Kaye Perry
- The Grandest Lady Of Them All, Conway Twitty
- Here In Love, Dottsy
- Starting All Over Again, Don Gibson
- I Don’t Need A Thing At All, Gene Watson
- Shine On Me(the Sun Still Shines When It Rains), John Wesley Ryles
- If You Don’t Want To Love Her, Jerry Naylor
- I Just Wish You Were Someone I Love, Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers
- Sweet Sweet Smile, Carpenters
- You’re The One, The Oak Ridge Boys
- We Believe In Happy Endings, Johnny Rodriguez
- You Know What, Jerry Reed Ans Seidina
- Don’t Ever Say Goodbye, G. Sheppard
- Angel In The Morning, Melba Montgomery
Make sure to give us a thumbs up and leave us a comment about your favorite song from this Hit List countdown. Share with your friends on your social networks by clicking the share icon below.
Keep Country Music Alive!!
The suspect, James Holmes, 24, of Aurora, was caught by police in the parking lot of the Century 16 Movie Theaters, nine miles outside Denver, after police began receiving dozens of 911 calls at 12:39 a.m. MT. Police said the man appeared to have acted alone.
Witnesses in the movie theater said Holmes crashed into the auditorium through an emergency exit about 30 minutes into the film, set off a smoke bomb, and began shooting. Holmes stalked the aisles of the theater, shooting at random, as panicked movie-watchers in the packed auditorium tried to escape, witnesses said.
“The suspect throws tear gas in the air, and as the tear gas appears he started shooting,” said Lamar Lane, who was watching the midnight showing of the movie with his brother. “It was very hard to breathe. I told my brother to take cover. It took awhile. I started seeing flashes and screaming, I just saw blood and people yelling and a quick glimpse of the guy who had a gas mask on. I was pushed out. There was chaos, we started running.”
COLORADO SPRINGS (Reuters) – A wildfire raging near some of Colorado’s most popular tourist sites grew suddenly more ferocious on Tuesday, forcing 32,000 people from their homes, prompting evacuations from the U.S. Air Force Academy and swallowing numerous houses at the edge of Colorado Springs.
From the vantage point of a command post about 10 miles from the path of advancing flames, the entire community of Mountain Shadows, a northwest subdivision, appeared to be enveloped in an orange glow after dark.
“This is a fire of epic proportions,” Colorado Springs Fire Chief Rich Brown said as ash drifted down on the city, sirens wailed and the thick smell of smoke permeated the air.
Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper flew into the city Tuesday night by helicopter to meet with fire commanders and tour the fire zone first-hand. He noted that the blaze was one of at least a dozen burning throughout the state. Four people have died in Colorado wildfires so far this year.
- Growing wildfire brings evacuations in Colorado Springs (cnn.com)
- Colorado wildfires worsen, 32000 flee homes | – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Over 30,000 Flee Colorado ‘Inferno’ (foxnews.com)
Summer is quickly coming apart, and July will soon be breaking out of its shell. This can only mean that we’re getting
closer to July 10th which will officially be Uncaged.
Don’t forget to prepare yourself for the new Zac Brown Band album unveiling with some of our Uncaged exclusive Southern Ground goodies which will only be available thru July 3rd!
Here’s a little reminder of all the available pre-sales:
Check out all your options via Zac Brown Band :: The latest Zac Brown Band news and information.
- Wow, the Zac Brown Band reveals cover for “Uncaged”…and it’s way out there (nashvillegab.com)
- Single Review – Zac Brown Band – “The Wind” (roughstock.com)
- Hear Zac Brown Band’s New Single, “The Wind” (wycd.cbslocal.com)
- Zac Brown Band To RPM Entertainment And Jeff Solima For Promotion (allaccess.com)
ShorefireKenny Chesney’s American Express Unstaged live concert streams live Wednesday night at 8:30 ET on YouTube.com/KennyChesneyVevo. The show will be directed by Oscar winner Jonathan Demme during Kenny’s show on the beach in Wildwood, NJ. It’s all in support of his new album, Welcome to the Fishbowl, in stores now.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
via 96.9 The Wolf!.
- Kenny Chesney Has A New Puppy (wycd.cbslocal.com)
- Music exclusive: Kenny Chesney’s ‘Makes Me Wonder’ (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Kenny Chesney, Jonathan Demme team for livestream (gantdaily.com)
- Album Review: Kenny Chesney – Welcome To The Fishbowl (roughstock.com)
- Brothers of the Sun Tour: Kenny Chesney Tickets and Tim McGraw Tickets Now Available at QueenBeeTickets.com. Discount Code (Promo Code) Available for a Limited Time! (prweb.com)
Thursday, June 14, 2012 – 16:12
With approximately twenty more shows going on sale tomorrow, we wanted to take a minute to remind fans that the best seats in the house for most shows are PAPERLESS.
The good news is that paperless tickets are really helping with Eric’s efforts to get good seats to real fans at face value. As an example, the Cincinnati show went onsale last Friday. If this was a show in the first half of the tour, we would have seen 800-1000 tickets immediately for sale on StubHub for prices up to ten times face value. Instead, there are only 232 tickets on StubHub at present, and NONE of the best seats in the venue are listed for sale!! Check it out HERE
‘Off to war’: Charleston pilot writes country music hit
by Airman 1st Class Tom Brading
Joint Base Charleston Public Affairs
6/13/2012 – JOINT BASE CHARLESTON, S.C. — Country music legend Johnny Cash is renowned for his impact to the entertainment industry. However, before Johnny Cash was dressed in black, he wore Air Force blues. Other prior military musicians include Willie Nelson, Jimi Hendrix and Elvis Presley.
One Joint Base Charleston pilot may be added to that elite list of famous songwriting servicemembers.
For Maj. Pete Reddan, a pilot with the 437th Airlift Wing, heading off to deployed locations, such as combat zones, is just another part of the job. But, in addition to soaring through the skies piloting aircraft, Reddan is also an accomplished country music songwriter.
Read the rest of the story via Feature – ‘Off to war’: Charleston pilot writes country music hit.